Non-food HACCP Developer Training
This course is designed for those who are required to develop and implement HACCP to ensure the safety of non-food products. It introduces the principles of HACCP and shows how they can be applied to ensure products are safe and also to maintain public safety.
The course is ideally suited to technical and managerial staff who are expected to develop and maintain a HACCP system. In addition, it provides an ideal opportunity for managers to gain a good understanding of HACCP as it applies in a non-food context.
HACCP systems need to be developed by people who have a sound knowledge of product safety and of the HACCP principles. They also need to be skilled at using the various HACCP development tools.
Our standard two-day programme is designed to help participants understand the HACCP principles and to develop the skills required to create effective HACCP plans. As far as practicable the programme is adapted to account for the needs of participants and to reflect the products for which they will be developing their HACCP plans.
By the end of the two day programme participants will be able to:
The workshop looks at the public safety hazards and risks that are posed by different products and the processes that must be applied to remove and manage the risks at the various production stages including goods-in, storage, processing, packaging and despatch.
By the end of the workshop participants will understand HACCP and be able to apply their skills to create HACCP plans in a non-food context.
The workshop is practically based and can be delivered over one or two days. It will allow participants to develop their understanding and skills so they are able to:
- Explain the importance of maintaining the safety of products
- Explain product hazards and risk in a non-food context
- Explain the principles of HACCP
- Establish prerequisite programmes to remove or minimise potential product safety risks
- Implement the HACCP development process
- Develop a HACCP manual that clearly specifies the HACCP system
- Establish management processes that control the HACCP system
On day one participants will be introduced to the principles of HACCP and the development tools that are used to create HACCP plans. Participants will be expected to complete group activities to create a HACCP plan for a product they are familiar with. At the end of day one participants will be set an assignment where they will be required to go away to either review and existing
On day two participants will be expected to present their draft HACCP plan and explain its content. They will also be expected to critique the plans produced by their colleagues. Completing this assignment review facilitates a further development opportunity and allows time to reflect on the principles introduced on day one to ensure a thorough understanding has been gained.
Finally, on day two participants who require an externally accredited certificate, they will need to complete an RI multiple choice test paper. Successful completion will lead to an RI Certificate in HACCP Development.
Our bespoke two-day development programme offers a range of benefits including:
- Training delivered in a context familiar to the participants
- The development of draft HACCP plans that support your business processes
- Evidence to support the process of HACCP plan review
Remember this course is delivered in a bespoke format tailor-made to meet your business needs. The delivery method is also matched to your needs. We can either:
- Deliver the training on-site with social distancing. To do this we would obviously need to agree on a protocol with you in advance, specifying how we are going to conform with COVID-19 guidance. The number of participants will obviously depend on your facilities and the social distancing that is achievable.
- Deliver the training remotely. The course would be structured to ensure full participation of all and would be formed of a series of on-line inputs delivered via Zoom and off-line activities that participants would be required to complete. Again to implement this approach we would finalise the details of the approach in advance to best meet your needs.
Remember this course is designed and tailor-made to meet your business needs.
Contact us on 01379 676545/07552021021 for free advice on this training and for an individual quotation.